At Heather R. Adams, DDS we are continuously improving access to our goods and services, and accessibility to our website, by individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to use any aspect of this website because of a disability, please call (619)425-7700 and we will provide you with prompt, personalized assistance. Below you will find a few tips from the US Social Security Administration (https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility) for optimizing your computer and browser to help make your browsing experience more accessible.
- Use your computer to read web pages out loud (https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/browseAloud.html)
- Use the keyboard to navigate screens (https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/keyboard_nav.html)
- Increase text size (https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/textsize.html)
- Magnify your screen (https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/magnifyscreen.html)
- Change background and text colors (https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/changecolors.html)
- Make your mouse pointer more visible (https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/mousepointer.html)
- Windows only
Speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking (http://www.nuance.com/dragon.html) can provide mouse and keyboard alternatives which may help you navigate web pages and online services. This software allows the user to move around a web page or application screen through voice controls.
If you are deaf or hard-of-hearing, there are several accessibility features available to you:
- Closed Captioning provides a transcript for the audio track of a video presentation that is synchronized with the video and audio tracks. Captions are generally visually displayed over the video, which benefits people who are deaf and hard-of-hearing, and anyone who cannot hear the audio due to noisy environments. We are currently updating our video content to include captions or by adding links to written transcripts for easy viewing. Learn how to turn captioning on and off on YouTube (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/100078?hl=en).
- Volume control features are located on your computer, tablet, or mobile device. Each video and audio service has its own additional volume controls. Try adjusting both your device’s volume control and your media player’s volume control to optimize your listening experience.
If the recommendations above do not meet your needs, we invite you to contact us. The Contact page of our website, and the bottom of every page of this site, lists our telephone number (619-425-7700) and has a link to our e-mail address (HAdams@DrHeatherAdams.com). We at Dr. Heather R. Adams are happy to assist you in accessing our website content.